Association of Outdoor Lighting Professionals , AOLP, mission is to establish standards, educate industry professionals and increase awareness of the outdoor lighting industry.
The Association of Outdoor Lighting Professionals was originally established in 2001 as the Low Voltage Lighting Institute of the Americas (LVLIA). The mission of AOLP is to establish standards, educate industry professionals and increase awareness of the outdoor lighting industry. AOLP is a trade association whose membership consists of contractors, manufacturers, lighting designers, landscape architects and distributors from all over the U.S. and Canada. The main goal of AOLP is to improve the knowledge and abilities of the professionals within the architectural and landscape lighting industry. The Association also provides accreditation programs to become a certified technician or certified landscape lighting designer.
AOLP YEARLY CONFERENCES – AOLP KNOWS LIGHTING!
Our members include some of the most recognizable names in the industry. They are passionate about lighting and are willing to share their knowledge and experience. Come join us and take your business to the next level. Our members include contractors, design firms, architect firms, electrical companies, distributors and manufacturers. We have professionals who have been in the lighting industry since its inception, and we also have students who are just starting their careers. The one common goal that all of our members have is to better themselves, as well as the industry as a whole. There is no other organization more dedicated to advancing the outdoor lighting industry and its members than AOLP.
- To endeavor to raise to the highest degree the standards, ethics and practices of the outdoor lighting industry
- To promote the use of architectural and landscape outdoor lighting by consumers and lighting professionals
- To broaden public understanding of the importance of the outdoor lighting industry
- To educate consumers, contractors and architects about the use of outdoor lighting
- To acquire from public sources, preserve and disseminate data and valuable business information relative to the outdoor lighting industry
- To participate in activities which enhance the industry
- To hold meetings and conferences for the education of its members