BRILLIANCE LED TWO-WIRE, LOW-VOLTAGE AC DIMMER
With the Brilliance LED Two-Wire, Low-Voltage AC Dimmer, you can blend safe-to-the-touch 12 VAC with the superior illumination qualities of low-voltage lighting in new and innovative ways to dim your lighting. No longer do you have to use a separate low voltage transformer with an inline 120V dimmer to dim your landscape lighting system. The Brilliance LED 12V AC Dimmer can operate inline with any of your low voltage wires.
One scenario where the Brilliance AC Dimmer Switch works great is when you are only needing to dim a few lights on a large lighting system. In this case, what you would do is simply wire that particular section into a standard outlet box. Then install the Brilliance LED Dimmer switch into the outlet box and as easy as that…those lights are now dimmable.
There are some limitations to this switch, so please know the limits of the switch before installing one of these on your landscape lighting projects. If you are installing a LED landscape lighting system and only wishing to dim a few lights, make sure that those LED fixtures add up to more than 1 amp/12W (the minimum rating for this switch to operate properly). If you fail to meet the minimum load/wattage then when you try to dim those particular LEDs your lights will flash. So make sure you are pulling more than 1 Amp (12 watts) when installing one of these switches.
If you are above the switches minimum rating, the innovative “pi” trigger circuit delivers flicker-free, wide-band dimming performance — from warm glow through full-spectrum brightness. Triac-based power circuitry coupled by a low-firing point diac further minimizes waste heat and maximizes efficiency and brightness.
A quality machined aluminum knob adds elegance and value to the installation. Rotary action is crisp and smooth, while a tactile off position reduces power drain to zero when inactive. An improved response curve allows better control over the important low brightness range. You can even optimize minimum brightness “on the fly” via an included adjustment potentiometer to compensate for low or high AC source voltage, or to create some special effect. Soft start/end extend the life of expensive bulbs.
A heavy RF noise filter delivering about 10 times the suppression of an ordinary filter attenuates interference with nearby radios and other electronic appliances to the nil-to-none range.
Each Dimmer comes complete and ready-to-install with wiring harness, tagged leads, and detailed installation instructions. The standard switch plate is metal (Cobalt Blue). The Brilliance LED 12 volt Dimmer Switch is a must when customizing your landscape lighting system!
Available in: 10 Amp / 12 Volt / 120W
Related Products: ZANE AC2 12V Dimmer Switch (Discontinued)
- Installs on the low voltage side of a magnetic step-down transformer for easy design, fast installation and individual control
- Two-wire hookup: No grounding wire, bypass wire, and component matching
- Wide-band brightness performance — from warm glow through high intensity. Halogen/LED compatible
- Rotary adjustment with tactile on/off. Soft start/end extend bulb life
- Heavy filtering minimizes RF noise 12VAC, 10A, 120W
- Yard: Optimize illumination for pool, patio, spa, pathway, pond, arbors, fountain, security. Bugs are not attracted at low settings
- Architectural and Landscape: Heighten dramatic effect and improve balance for spot, wash, flood. “Moon Lighting” applications. Hard-to-replace bulbs last significantly longer
- Interior: “Presentation” lighting, night lighting, stage lighting
- Mobile: Variable setting for RV and marine interior and exterior
- Mode of Operation: Triac-based with pi-configured trigger circuit, low-firing-point diac and heavy RF filter
- Supply Voltage, Breaker: 12 VAC. Each lighting circuit should be individually fused or breakered for maximum safety
- Continuous Output Current: Full rated current up to 105 F (40 C) ambient, 75% of rated current up to 115 F (46 C)
- Dimming Range: From about 10% min (factory setting) through about 90% max. Can be manually set for about 5% min
- Ambient Temperature Range: – 40 F (- 40 C) to 115 F (46 C) with restrictions noted
- Installation Procedure: Installs directly into a standard 1-gang outlet box with provided plate screws
- AC-AC Conversion Efficiency: About 85% at full rated load
- Lead Wires: Should be connected as per color coded lead wiring (as shown in installation instructions) for best RF noise suppression
- Transient Protection: Pi trigger circuit acts as spike filter for additional protection against transient voltages
- Size: About 1.8″ (45 mm) by 1.3″ (33 mm) by 1.7″ (43 mm) high (excluding knob)
- Load Types: Resistive loads (incandescent bulbs, heating elements, etc) only. Not suitable for LED lighting or motors
- Line Regulation: Directly proportional to AC line voltage
- Load Regulation: Generally less than 3% from minimum load to maximum load at any setting
- Voltage Drift: Nil with steady input voltage
- Minimum Load: 1A (12W) or slight flickering may occur
- Service Life of on/off Switch: About 50,000 cycles
- Heat Dissipation: The metallic wall plate serves as an external heat dissipater and should remain out of direct sunlight and unobstructed by thermal insulating material, etc for maximum service life of unit. Temperature rise under maximum load is about 40 F (22 C) above ambient (could become hot to touch under unusual conditions)
- Accessories Included: Color coordinated switch plate mounting screws, tagged leads and detailed installation instructions